Do I need a fishing license?
- Our clients do not require a fishing license. Archbold-Pflueger Sport Fishing provides what is necessary and our vessels are fully licensed and registered with the Panama Maritime Authority.
Do you provide bait tackle?
- Archbold-Pflueger Sport Fishing provides the best tackle available by manufacturers such as Shimano and Penn, as well as lures, jigs, poppers, and anything else you will need. It is because of this that you do not need to bring any of your own tackle on board. We also provide live bait at no extra cost.
What should I tip the crew?
- It is customary to tip the crew 10% – 15%, as they work extremely hard to make sure you have the best experience possible, and they do this through a lifetime of experience on these waters.
What can I keep and what do I have to release?
- You can keep much of what you catch, and the crew will be happy to clean and fillet them for you at no extra cost. However, there are certain species of fish are catch, photo, and Release only. These include all billfish such as Snapper, Roosters, etc. Our crew will let you know if your catch is yours to keep.
Do I need to bring anything with me?
- This depends on when you are going to be fishing. Our rainy season is from May through November so a light rain jacket is suggested. Also, the strength of the sun can be deceiving on open water, so if you are susceptible to sunburn, sunscreen is a good idea. Sunglasses and a camera are also suggested. If you require medication, bring that as well and keep it in a ziplock bag. If you are prone to seasickness, dramamine will work. Just take it before the boat leaves.
What isn’t included?
- Meals, drinks and travel expenses such as overweight luggage and transportation outside of any that may be provided already.